Breast Success, In-home Breastfeeding Specialist
Lactation Consultant Linda Walker. IBCLC.
As well as being a Private Practice Lactation Consultant, I work in a hospital setting in the local area. I work in a Level 2 Special Care Nursery, on the Maternity Ward and in the Lactation Clinic. In these settings I provide one on one Lactation Consultations with mothers of full term and premature infants, conduct group Breastfeeding and Sleep and Settling classes. I provide individualised breastfeeding plans for mothers and their infants, based on their history and specifically focusing on their personal goals. Ongoing management of breastfeeding issues is very important and as a Lactation Consultant I collaborate with Doctors, Early Childhood Centres and Allied Health Professionals. Working in the hospital setting requires me to be up to date in mandatory skills, record keeping, note care plans and referrals….read more about Linda
When I first started breastfeeding my daughter I was unprepared for how hard it would be and how much there was to learn in such a short term. During the days after the birth I was overwhelmed with advice. My daughter had problems attaching and sucking properly. After a consultation with Linda I was able to breastfeed for a period much longer than expected. Linda’s advice was like gold! I would highly recommend Linda’s services as a breastfeeding consultant. Linda is supportive, gentle and has a wealth of knowledge that I will always be thankful for.
Read more testimonials
Benefits of my Consultation
- Privacy & one-to-one support
- Gives mothers confidence & independence
- Informs mothers of norms of breastfeeding & infant behaviours
- Help with sleep & settling
- Support specifically to you & your baby
- Help to meet YOUR breastfeeding goals
What I can help you with
- Difficulties with breastfeeding
- Cracked & grazed nipples
- Ineffective sucking & low weight gain
- Use of nipple shields
- History of mastitis or feeding difficulties with prior siblings
- Low or oversupply issues
- Infant oral structures - tongue tie/lip tie
- Premature infants or Low Birth Weight infants
- Feeding multiples
- Feeding infants with medical problems
What I provide to you
- One-on-one consultations in the privacy of your home
- Breast assessment
- Infant oral assessment
- Feed assessment
- Ongoing plan in consultation with mother
- Referrals to specialists/allied health (if necessary)
- Liaising with other medical professionals involved in your care
- Two follow up calls or emails
Lactation Consultants of Australia and New Zealand have updated their website. Go to http://www.lcanz.org/
BREAST SUCCESS can be achieved on many levels!
Breastfeeding knowledge and support is the first step to help making informed decisions about feeding babies.
Breastfeeding your baby is the biological norm, however it is not always easy! Each mother and infant pair are unique and have their own specific circumstances.
By listening to mothers and observing them feeding their infants, individualised support and reassurance can be given to improve breastfeeding outcomes and meet mother’s breastfeeding goals. Recognition that “mothers want to do what’s best for their children and families, within the context of their circumstances”, is important.
Empowering and supporting mothers to make informed decisions is my goal!